I know this isn’t City related but at the end of the day, we are all football supporters and sadly today, former Spurs and Wolves defender Dean Richards passed away today.
The defender started his career with his home town club of Bradford City, before moving to Wolves and then onto Southampton in a free transfer. His performances for the Saints impressed the Spurs manager Glenn Hoddle to splash out £8.1m for his signature in 2001.
During his spell in North London, Richards suffered from dizzy spells and headaches and was forced to retire from the game in 2005 after seeking medical advice. He returned to Bradford as a youth team coach in 2007 after gaining his coaching qualifications.
Richards was just 36 years old when he died and his death will have rocked the football world in general.
From everyone associated with MCB, our condolences go out to his family at this sad time.
Dean Richards, 1974 – 2011, Rest In Peace
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups