Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand pinpointed City striker Sergio Aguero as their key factor against United.
Speaking about this, he said: “A true goal scorer and someone who knows his way around a big occasion. You can’t put a price on that”.
“That experience as well, other players feed off that in the team. He’s been desperately missed, but Jesus has done his bit when he’s had an opportunity as well.”
Ferdinand was sitting with former City defender Joleon Lescott when he said these remarks. Ferdinand’s remarks were met with approval by Lescott.
Sergio Aguero’s return is a big boost for Manchester City. Pep Guardiola’s men have struggled to find the back of the net in Aguero’s absence.
He returned after a 2 month layoff after suffering from a recurring injury against West Ham in the Premier League. The Argentine also scored 11 minutes into his return, tapping into an empty net.
Aguero would be on the bench for City’s clash against United. Though, in a tight fixture like this, Aguero could play a decisive role in ensuring a positive result for Manchester City.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville