Manchester City winger Riyad Mahrez opened up City’s recent goal scoring woes after their 5-0 win against Burnley in the Premier League.
He said: “We knew it was going to come. It has been frustrating sometimes. Every game we created chances but weren’t scoring”.
“We worked a lot in training to be more in the box and arrive more. I think we are improving but we need to keep working in training to repeat this”.
“Maybe I could have scored more but sometimes it is like this”.
“It is always good to score goals and when you score a hat-trick it is another sensation of that feeling, but the most important thing was to win, to create chances and try to score”.
Mahrez played a very crucial role in City’s victory over Burnley. His first Manchester City hattrick helped the Citizens tear Burnley apart and get a much needed win.
Manchester City’s 5 goals against Burnley have given them a much needed respite. They are now only 6 points behind the leaders Tottenham with a game in hand.
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups