Manchester City winger Riyad Mahrez opened up City’s recent goal scoring woes after their 5-0 win against Burnley in the Premier League.
He said: “We knew it was going to come. It has been frustrating sometimes. Every game we created chances but weren’t scoring”.
“We worked a lot in training to be more in the box and arrive more. I think we are improving but we need to keep working in training to repeat this”.
“Maybe I could have scored more but sometimes it is like this”.
“It is always good to score goals and when you score a hat-trick it is another sensation of that feeling, but the most important thing was to win, to create chances and try to score”.
Mahrez played a very crucial role in City’s victory over Burnley. His first Manchester City hattrick helped the Citizens tear Burnley apart and get a much needed win.
Manchester City’s 5 goals against Burnley have given them a much needed respite. They are now only 6 points behind the leaders Tottenham with a game in hand.
- Match Review: West Bromwich Albion 0-5 Manchester City
- Match Review: Cheltenham 1-3 Manchester City
- Match Preview: Cheltenham vs Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion