Manchester City midfielder Rodri was absent from Tuesday’s training sessions ahead of City’s clash against Marseille.
According to MEN, the midfielder was not feeling a 100% fit and was absent as a precaution.
He is now doubtful to play against Marseille.
He is not expected to miss the derby against Man United on Saturday.
The midfielder was not feeling 100 per cent for the session so a decision was taken not to risk him. He is not expected to be in danger of missing on Saturday but the coaches could decide to let him recover fully without playing him against Marseille on Wednesday.
Rodri has been one of Pep Guardiola’s most trusted players since his arrival from Atletico Madrid. He was a regular entry in City’s lineup last season.
Rodri’s absence would mean that Ilkay Gundogan or Fernandinho would have to start against Marseille. Tommy Doyle may be an unexpected surprise.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups