Manchester City midfielder Rodri was absent from Tuesday’s training sessions ahead of City’s clash against Marseille.
According to MEN, the midfielder was not feeling a 100% fit and was absent as a precaution.
He is now doubtful to play against Marseille.
He is not expected to miss the derby against Man United on Saturday.
The midfielder was not feeling 100 per cent for the session so a decision was taken not to risk him. He is not expected to be in danger of missing on Saturday but the coaches could decide to let him recover fully without playing him against Marseille on Wednesday.
Rodri has been one of Pep Guardiola’s most trusted players since his arrival from Atletico Madrid. He was a regular entry in City’s lineup last season.
Rodri’s absence would mean that Ilkay Gundogan or Fernandinho would have to start against Marseille. Tommy Doyle may be an unexpected surprise.
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester City v Liverpool – Carabao Cup Fourth Round Draw – News & Predictions
- Man City must contend with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea this season
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits