Manchester City midfielder Rodri has expressed his satisfaction over joining the club.
He claims he has no regrets over leaving Atletico Madrid for Manchester.
Speaking about this, he said: “In London, in Manchester, they’re big cities in football culture in our country”.
“You have this feeling that you are in the best environment of football, the best quality, and that makes you improve and grow a lot since you were a kid”.
“I’m quite happy with how things are going, I’m very optimistic and I’m very happy of my decision, I’m really happy here.”
Rodri’s comments come after criticisms over City’s decline after his arrival. The Spanish midfielder has always been singled out as one of Pep Guardiola’s weakest links in the team.
City have been caught out on counter attacks often when Rodri is in the center of the midfield.
The Spaniard will be hoping to continue the run of dominance City are exhibiting in the past few games. Rodri may be deployed when City face Marseille today in the UEFA Champions league group stage match.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups