Santa Cruz, the Paraguayan international who featured for Mark Hughes at Blackburn, after a long stint at Bayern could be about to return. Santa Cruz would add depth to the City side up top, while also giving the club a finisher to spell Adebayor during the African Nations Cup and any future suspensions. Santa Cruz does however have a history of injuries, and that will certainly factor into how Hughes manages his comeback and pitch time going forward.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?