Brazilian club Santos have confirmed they have sent a delegation to Manchester to discuss a deal for their former player Robinho.
The Brazilian has had an indifferent career at City and has expressed a desire to return to his homeland and claims the deal in 90% done.
City manager Roberto Mancini has stated he wants the Brazilian to stay at Eastlands, but with the World Cup approaching, Robinho wants to avoid being left out of the team to improve his chances with the Brazil squad.
Santos press officer Arnaldo Hase claims a meeting will take place tomorrow (Tuesday) and that City would accept a six month loan deal, although the Brazilian club may look for a longer period. Hase also claims that Robinho is willing to take a pay cut to play regularly for his former club.
Robinho scored his first goal of the season in Sunday’s 4-2 FA Cup win at Scunthorpe and set up the first goal for Martin Petrov, but his performance at Everton a week earlier left much to be desired.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups