Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero is set to return to training next week.
According to the Daily Mail, Aguero is ready to step up his recovery from a hamstring injury.
Aguero has been training alone and is hopeful of returning to sessions with the first-team squad next week.
Sergio Aguero has been out of action since last month. He suffered a muscle problem during the draw against West Ham. This came just three games into his return from a long knee injury.
Pep Guardiola would be happy to call upon Aguero when Man City travel to Tottenham on the 21st of November. City play Spurs just after the International break. Though, there have been many questions about the Argentine’s fitness conditions.
Aguero recently came under fire from former Manchester United legend Roy Keane over his fitness. The Irishman accused Aguero of returning overweight earlier in the campaign.
This could be Aguero’s last season at The Etihad. His contract runs out next summer. If he wants to extend his stay in Manchester, fitness would play a very important role in this decision.
Man City would be glad to call upon a striker of Aguero’s caliber following a underwhelming start to the season.
- Pep Guardiola will not let City’s internationals leave if quarantine is required
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City