Sergio Aguero is unarguably one of the best striker in the world. Since his arrival from Atletico Madrid back in 2011, he has been on an incredible scoring run .
His incredible tally of 255 goal for City makes him the club’s all time top goal scorer. Aguero’s presence in the side has always promised goals.
But, all good things must come to an end.
Aguero’s long stints on the sidelines is costly Man City dearly. His fitness is a cause of concern and so are his instincts in front of goal. His contract expires next summer. There have been rumors but no formal talks have yet begun.
Lets get into it.
Why ? – Aguero’s long absences from the side are leaving a huge void. His absence at the top is also not being seized on by Gabriel Jesus. Jesus was signed to provide competition to Aguero, but he is yet to prove the consistency required for it. Situations have become so worse that Ferran Torres and Raheem Sterling had to be called upon to deputize for the injured strikers.
Why Not ? – There is an argument to be provided for Jesus to have an extended run in the first team to assess him perfectly. An extension for Aguero would also mean that the club can go 1-2 seasons without needing a new addition. There is also the left back position to fix before City can move onto the forwards.
Verdict – Manchester City have started to look for options to bring in a new striker. Top players such as Erling Haaland, Latauro Martinez and Kylian Mbappe are being looked at. There is doubt among the club over Jesus’s capabilities too.
Man City should look to sign a top striker in the coming transfer windows.
- Match Review: West Bromwich Albion 0-5 Manchester City
- Match Review: Cheltenham 1-3 Manchester City
- Match Preview: Cheltenham vs Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion