Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is nearing the end of his contract at the club.
The Spaniard is City’s most successful manager in modern times. He has led City for 4 trophy laden years.
There are growing concerns over whether he will extend his stay at City. Many well wishers are also concerned about his body language and the current state of the club.
So, should Man City renew Pep Guardiola’s contract?
Why – Pep Guardiola is one of the best managers in the world. He has proven his track record in three of the best leagues in the world. Man City have never been more lethal and competitive as they currently are under the Spaniard. City have won nearly all of the trophies on offer, just the Champions League is missing from the trophy cabinet.
Under Pep, Man City will always be a force to be reckoned with. As they say, never change the winning combination.
Why Not – Man City have been struggling since the start of the previous season. City were never in the race to chase down Liverpool last season as the Reds humiliated Man City to win their first Premier League title. This season too, Man City have gotten of to a sluggish start.
The team this year is struggling to create chances. If they do create them, they are now struggling to finish them off. City’s struggles in Europe can also be pointed at Pep Guardiola.
Man City have been knocked out of Uefa Ucl in the quarter finals in three out of four Guardiola years. All four exits have been upsets. Guardiola has sometimes been rightly accused of overthinking the big games. There is a growing concern that this current squad may have reached their saturation point.
Verdict – Manchester City are making a shortlist for Guardiola’s replacement if he fails to agree a new extension.
Julian Nagelsmann, Mauricio Pochettino and Brendon Rodgers are said to be on it.
Though, City may not need that shortlist for some more time.
Pep Guardiola is moving closer to a new extension which will extend his stay at the club. His contract is now said to be renewed on an yearly basis. Sources close to the manager believe he is leaning towards staying at the club.
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan