Not going to mince words over this one. Against Wigan tonight, we must show superiority from the start.
All season, Wigan have struggled which is why they are only four points clear of the relegation zone. In comparison, City have been in the top half of the table all season, rarely, if at all going below seventh in the league.
It is quite obvious that we are performing to a better standard than Wigan and that has got to be translated onto the pitch tonight. We cannot afford to lose any points, particularly to a team that is languishing close to the relegation trap door.
Wigan will come to Eastlands tonight as desperate for points as City will be, but they may choose to use similar tactics that provided success for Stoke and Everton. But the blues need to rise above it and put Wigan in their place. Spurs beat this team 9-1 at White Hart Lane and I’m not naïve enough to think we could get a similar scoreline.
But we have the players and the talent to put this game beyond Wigan’s reach early and it’s high time we used them.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?