Manchester City star Raheem Sterling has set a new record after winning a penalty against Fulham today.
After giving City the lead in the 4th minute after being sent through by Kevin De Bruyne, Sterling was brought down in the box by Fulham’s Joachim Andersen.
By winning this penalty, which De Bruyne converted, Sterling set a new Premier League record.
According to sports analytics company Opta, Sterling has now won 20 penalties, which is more than any other player in Premier League history.
This record includes the penalties won while he was playing for Liverpool.
This stat becomes even more crazy when we realize that Sterling is still 25 years old.
The winger was restored to the lineup today and repaid the manager’s faith by producing a MOTM performance.
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester City v Liverpool – Carabao Cup Fourth Round Draw – News & Predictions
- Man City must contend with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea this season
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits