Manchester City players may have taken some inspiration from defender John Stones’s words before the match to win against Fulham.
Speaking after the game, Stones revealed:
“I said before the game to the lads it’s another step forward, another chance for us to put a mark on the season, take it game by game and see where it takes us. We’re focused on each game, this one today we did and come through with three points”.
“Before the game everyone’s words worked and that transpired on pitch. We’ve got to keep this run going and winning mentality for every game we play.”
John Stones has taken the one of the leadership roles at the club straightaway since his impressive return to the starting lineup. Stones has started 3 out of City’s last 5 games, replacing Aymeric Laporte from the lineup.
The English defender is showing the way for the rest of his team. He has helped earn a clean sheet in all three of his recent starts.
If he keeps performing at this level, Stones may provide serious competition to Laporte and Dias for the starting defensive positions in the lineup.
John Stones may be rested in the midweek clash against Marseille to be fully prepared for the Manchester derby on the next Saturday.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville