City visit Turf Moor, knowing Burnley will make it a tough afternoon as the Clarets seek the points that will guide them to Premier League safety.
But the blues also need the points to keep pace with fourth placed Spurs as well as trying to keep the distance between them and Liverpool in fifth as they attempt to secure European football next season.
City have a good recent record at Burnley and the fans will be hoping for a repeat of the March 1999 success when they thrashed The Clarets 6-0 at Turf Moor on their way to promotion that season.
The blues will be without Stephen Ireland, who picked up an ankle injury during the defeat at home to Everton, while Wayne Bridge, Joleon Lescott, Michael Johnson and Martin Petrov are also out injured. Pablo Zabaleta sits out the match through suspension
Burnley’s former City defender Stephen Jordan is doubtful with a knee injury.
Burnley (from): Jensen, Mears, Jordan, Duff, Cort, Caldwell, Alexander, Elliott, McDonald, Nugent, Fletcher, Blake, Paterson, Eagles, Thompson, Bikey, Cork, Edgar, Carlisle, Fox, Weaver.
City (from): Given, Taylor, Richards, Zabaleta, Toure, Boyata, Kompany, Garrido, Sylvinho, Onuoha, Wright-Phillips, Bellamy, Barry, Vieira, De Jong, Johnson, Tevez, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Ibrahim.
League Form (Last Five):
Referee – Alan Wiley
Over The Blue Moon Prediction: Burnley 0-2 City
A tough game to end in a comfortable win for the blues.
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups