City will face a stern test at Craven Cottage on Sunday as they take on a Fulham side that will be full of confidence going into the game.
The Cottagers put an incredible performance against Juventus on Thursday night to overturn a 3-1 deficit from the first leg to record a 4-1 victory on the night, giving them a 5-4 aggregate win and a place in the last eight of the competition.
Fulham went a goal down to the Italians but made a remarkable recovery to win the tie, which would have been helped by the fact that Juve had two men sent off.
Fulham have a decent home record in the Premier League this season, having lost only three and wining nine of their fourteen games played. They are also only one of two teams whose ‘goals conceded’ column is still in single figures, the other being Chelsea.
Thursday’s result means Fulham have reached the same stage of the competition as City last season, before being knocked out by Hamburg after a rousing performance in the 2nd leg at Eastlands.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups