Former Manchester City player Trevor Sinclair believes that Lionel Messi will end up joining Manchester City at the end of this season.
Manager Pep Guardiola recently signed a two-year contract extension with the Premier League club and Sinclair claims that Messi’s arrival is now inevitable.
He said: “For me, you look at what has gone one with him signing a new two-year contract, there are rumours Kevin De Bruyne is going to sign a new contract… I think Messi is inevitable.
“I can’t see anything other than that. And I look at the club I supported, ‘little old Manchester City’, signing the best player in the world and possibly winning the Champions League…”
Guardiola has worked with Messi during his time as the Barcelona manager and he managed to get the best out of the Argentine back then.
Furthermore, the two helped Barcelona win several trophies and a reunion could be just as beneficial once again.
Manchester City are desperate to win the Champions League and a player like Lionel Messi could make a massive difference and help them lift the European trophy.
Similarly, Barcelona have been struggling in the recent seasons and Messi will be desperate to win the major trophies once again. A move to Manchester City would allow him to play alongside better players and a world class manager like Pep Guardiola who knows how to get the best out of his game.
It will be interesting to see if Manchester City can pull off the audacious swoop for the Argentine superstar who will be a free agent at the end of this season.
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot