Former Manchester City player Trevor Sinclair believes that Lionel Messi will end up joining Manchester City at the end of this season.
Manager Pep Guardiola recently signed a two-year contract extension with the Premier League club and Sinclair claims that Messi’s arrival is now inevitable.
He said: “For me, you look at what has gone one with him signing a new two-year contract, there are rumours Kevin De Bruyne is going to sign a new contract… I think Messi is inevitable.
“I can’t see anything other than that. And I look at the club I supported, ‘little old Manchester City’, signing the best player in the world and possibly winning the Champions League…”
Guardiola has worked with Messi during his time as the Barcelona manager and he managed to get the best out of the Argentine back then.
Furthermore, the two helped Barcelona win several trophies and a reunion could be just as beneficial once again.
Manchester City are desperate to win the Champions League and a player like Lionel Messi could make a massive difference and help them lift the European trophy.
Similarly, Barcelona have been struggling in the recent seasons and Messi will be desperate to win the major trophies once again. A move to Manchester City would allow him to play alongside better players and a world class manager like Pep Guardiola who knows how to get the best out of his game.
It will be interesting to see if Manchester City can pull off the audacious swoop for the Argentine superstar who will be a free agent at the end of this season.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement