With Edin Dzenko’s representative’s apparently in talks with the blues over a possible switch and Garry Cook allegedly in Spain talking to Real Madrid over Fernando Gago and Gonzalo Higuain, I can’t help but wonder what has happened to the Jerome Boateng deal.
It was only a couple of weeks ago that a deal for the Hamburg midfielder was imminent, but then City made a bid for James Milner and now these three. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see the Madrid duo come to City and I think all three would fit in nicely with the set up at Eastlands.
But it would be good if the club could at least confirm the signing of Boateng so we can have something more definite than the rumours that are constantly flying around.
Anyway, back to the Real Madrid pair. Garry Cooke has apparently travelled to Madrid to discuss the possibility of the pair signing for the blues. Higuain was a success story last season for Real, scoring 27 goals in just 28 La Liga games, while midfielder Gago was tracked by the blues during the January transfer window.
Hopefully, City will have some news on a new signing before the end of the weekend and give us something interesting to report on.
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend