City will have to overcome Romanian opposition if they are to progress to the group stage of the Europa League.
The draw, undertaken this afternoon at Nyon, the blues were the last team drawn and face Timisoara. City will travel to Romania for the first leg on August 19th, with the return being played at Eastlands on August 26th.
Elsewhere in the draw, Liverpool take on Turkish opposition in the form of Trabsonspor while Aston Villa are paired with Rapid Vienna, the team that knocked them out of the competition last season.
Don’t forget to sign up for OTBM’s Fantasy Football League, which starts on Saturday 14th August. Details can be found on the Fantasy Football page uner the Fun & Games section.
- Guardiola takes responsibility for Man City’s European woes
- Man City Roundup: Koulibaly bid revealed, Zabaleta could return in non-playing role
- Bernardo Silva predicts tighter title race this season
- Pep Guardiola reacts to Sergio Aguero’s conduct involving match official against Arsenal
- Barcelona plotting January raid on Manchester City
- Manchester City could make a move for Lionel Messi in January
- Match Preview : Man City vs Arsenal
- Manchester City facing injury crisis ahead of Arsenal clash
- Inter Milan will look to sign Sergio Aguero next summer
- Kevin De Bruyne closing in £300k-a-week extension at Manchester City