Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has been linked with a return to Barcelona at the end of this season.
According to Manchester Evening News, Barcelona presidential candidate Viktor Font is looking to bring the Spaniard back to Camp Nou.
However, the manager has now reiterated his happiness at Manchester City. It will be interesting to see if he decides to sign a new contract with the Premier League club.
“I’m incredibly happy here,” he said, “delighted to be in Manchester and hopefully I can do a good job this season to stay longer.”
Pep Guardiola is in the final twelve months of his contract and the City hierarchy will surely want to hold on to him beyond this season.
The Spaniard has helped Manchester City win every domestic trophy and he will be hoping to guide them to the Champions League before leaving the club.
It will be interesting to see how his team performs in the European competition this season. So far they have started the Champions League group stages in impressive form and they have managed to win both of their games.
It is no surprise that Barcelona want him back. He is one of the best managers in the world and he helped the Spanish outfit win every club competition during his time at the club.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups