Olympique Marseille’s manager Andre Villas Boas has given a huge compliment to Man City before they clash in the UEFA Champions League.
Speaking before the game, he said: “Qualifying is not in our hands. Hopefully Porto will do us a favor but we know it is going to be hard against Manchester City. They have so many options, and so many top-level options as well”.
“We cannot rely on Porto but we must be at our best to get a positive result because City’s B team are strong enough to win the Champions League, I think.”
Marseille will have to beat City today at the Etihad if they want to clinch a Europa League spot. An unfavorable result for Olympiacos may also do the trick.
City are no strangers to compliments like these from rival managers. Pep Guardiola’s arrival has turned City into a footballing powerhouse. Though, we do have a bad tendency to bottle it during the advanced stages of UCL.
This game against Marseille is a dead rubber for City. So, Zack Steffen is going to make his first European appearance. Some players from the youth academy may also be trotted out for some precious minutes for their budding careers.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville