City’s young wing wizard Vladimir Weiss may be allowed to leave the club on loan during the January transfer window.
Weiss has been a regular among the substitutes this season but his actual playing time has been limited thus far and manager Roberto Mancini recognises the fact that the youngster needs to play in order to boost his chances of appearing at this summer’s World Cup finals in South Africa.
“It is possible Vladimir will go somewhere on loan. We have not decided where though. That will be Vladimir’s choice,” explains the Italian, who has won all of his first four games in charge.
Mancini has stated the move would not be a permanent one, saying Weiss is a ‘good young player who is going to be important to this club in the future.’
The Slovakian scored his first goal for the blues during December’s Carling Cup quarter final victory over Arsenal.
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate