Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is urging the supporters not to bait former striker Emmanuel Adebayor when the two teams clash on Saturday.
The taunts of the Arsenal supporters are believed to have contributed to Adebayor’s snap decision to celebrate his goal against his former club in September in front of the visiting supporters and Wenger has urged Gunners fans to support his team.
“We don’t want the crowd to get on Adebayor’s back, sais Wenger. “We want our crowd to support the team because, in a big game, that is what you want.”
City manager Roberto Mancini is aware of the incident during the game, although he wasn’t in charge at the time and admits Adebayor made a mistake, but wants to concentrate on beating Arsenal. “Tomorrow it is important he only concentrates on City because Emmanuel is important to us when he is doing that. If he scores again, I will be happy but it is important we don’t have another situation like the first one.”
The game will be vital to both sides as Arsenal will be pushing for the win to boost their rapidly fading title chance but City are equally desperate for the points to keep the gap between themselves and Liverpool and Villa, while attempting to overcome Spurs in fourth.
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups