Last season it was Carlos Tevez and now David Silva is the latest homesick player, according to the Daily Mail.
The newspaper reports Atletico Madrid are planning a surprise move for the Spanish winger in the summer after Silva has ‘struggled to settle’ in England following his move from Valencia.
But even if City agreed to sell the star, who took a bit of time to settle before becoming one of the stars of the season, it would take more than the £24m paid for him to secure his services.
The Mail claim Silva’s agent, Julio Llorente, has already held talks with the club ahead of an anticipated move which, the Mail claim, could involve a player exchange.
But it’s just amazing home many of City’s players become ‘homesick’ according to these papers, shortly after arriving at the club. Tevez and Balotelli have both been cited as being homesick this season, while former star Robinho was also reported to be missing his homeland.
Silva should line up for the blues against Notts County on Sunday, where victory will take City into a fifth round home tie with Aston Villa, but the blues will be wary of the fact that County knocked out Premier League Sunderland at the Stadium of Light in the last round.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Bayern Munich vs Manchester City – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Manchester City in April: Next six Premier League fixtures
- Arsenal vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups