Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers are eyeing a move for Manchester City defender Oleksandr Zinchenko.
According to the Daily Star, Wolves have started the preparations to make a bid in January.
Oleksandr Zinchenko has been in Wolves’s radar before. Wolves did make a bid last summer worth £19million but the Ukrainian was determined to fight for his place at the club.
Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santos is an fan of the defender. He is an admirer of Zinchenko’s technical ability and the versatility to play multiple positions.
Zinchenko has never been able to nail down a starting role in Pep Guardiola’s lineups. He has mainly been used as a makeshift left back when Benjamin Mendy is injured.
However, Joao Cancelo’s steady performances out of position have shut down that avenue for Zinchenko.
Now, having fallen down the pecking order, the player is said to be interested in a move out of Manchester City.
It is unclear whether City will allow their player to leave midseason in a tight Premier League campaign.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville