Yaya Toure’s agent Dimitri Seluk has admitted that he would prefer his client to join Chelsea but feels the champions would be put off by Barcelona’s price tag.
Speaking to Sport newspaper, Seluk claims the Spanish giants are asking too much for the midfielder which is putting potential suitors off signing him. “The problem is that Barca are asking for too much money. Yaya’s demands are totally within reach of the clubs that want to sign him.”
“I would prefer him to play for Chelsea because they are a very strong team who have been in the elite for many years and who always aspire to be the best, but they won’t pay so much money,” said Seluk.
Toure has long been admired by City and has been on the verge of joining City a few times according to the press. There is also the rumour that he may come to Eastlands in exchange for Brazilian misfit Robinho but the other swap deal that has been mooted is with Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas, who has been linked with a move to Spain for some time.
With the World Cup finally starting tomorrow, it is unlikely that any transfers will be concluded in the next two weeks.
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend