Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria opened up about the transfer rumors linking him to a move away from the club.
He said: “I’ve read a lot, but it’s a lot of talk. It’s just rumors”.
“I’m 100 per cent with Borussia Monchengladbach and I didn’t think of other clubs during my break.”
Denis Zakaria is currently sidelined with a long term knee injury which has kept him out of action since March.
While he is out of action, he is being linked with an exit for Gladbach in the upcoming transfer windows.
European giants Bayern Munich, Manchester City and Chelsea are interested in his signature.
Manchester City have identified Denis Zakaria as a potential replacement for club captain Fernandinho. The Brazilian midfielder is out of contract next summer and may have no intention of renewing.
According to Italian transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, City are said to prefer Zakaria to AC Milan’s Ismael Bennacer. They are already in contact with his agent over a potential transfer.
Denis Zakaria is contracted to Borussia Mönchengladbach till the summer of 2022.
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups